I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Revenue Strategy Analyst will be aligned to 1-2 (depending on revenue scale) of Jonas Magazine’s key business verticals, supporting Sales, Ad Product Solutions, and General Manager team leads. The primary function of this role is to proactively analyze digital revenue data and signals across both direct and programmatic channels to provide strategic insights helping drive revenue growth and retention.
This role is critical to helping Jonas Magazines Meredith further understand the nuances within a designated advertising sector for which digital ad solutions are successfully driving revenue and why, as well as what is happening in the competitive marketplace.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- 20%: Conduct on-going RFP analyses for all advertisers within a designated sales vertical for the purposes of understanding the changing needs of our clients and the various solutions Jonas Magazines proposes. This includes RFP volume/revenue/frequency trends, time lag/seasonality analyses, as well as analysis of advertiser needs (e.g. ad product/data solutions, site alignments, campaign objectives/KPIs, etc.)
- 20%: Institute and maintain enhanced methodologies for tracking qualitative data on why deals are won or lost. Lead vertical-specific win-rate and sell-thru analytics to quantify and inform strategies of determining which ad solutions give Jonas Magazines the highest likelihood of closing deals.
- 20%: Support weekly/bi-weekly/monthly General Manager revenue projection reporting needs, inclusive of breakdowns by sites and advertisers.
- 20%: Analyze programmatic revenue data signals to help direct sales team inform go-to-market strategies. This can include, but is not limited to, bid analysis by audience segments, contextual alignment, and seasonality.
- 20%: Continual competitive and marketplace analysis, inclusive of syndicated data sources, to identify gaps and opportunities to increase revenue market share.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: BA or BS
1-3 years’ experience in an analytics or role within digital advertising, media, marketing, or ad tech.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of data and mechanisms through which data is collected and shared
- Excellent analytical skills – Expertise in Excel & pivot tables
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Sisense, etc. is a plus
- Passion for analyzing data and telling a holistic story for internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand business data needs and translating into reporting requirements
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0-5%
It is the policy of Jonas Magazines Operations Corporation (“Jonas Magazines”, “the Company”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.