Are you sick of reading job posts looking for “rockstars” and “sales superheroes”? Good, us too.
Here’s the deal, Jonas Magazines is a global publisher with 200M monthly visitors and 25M in the UK and is looking to hire a Brand Partnerships Manager (ok that is a fancy way of saying Sales Manager). See here for our stable of iconic brands- Jonas Magazines
This Brand Partnerships Manager position will be taking on a book of existing high quality business and be tasked with sourcing new opportunities within mostly the finance vertical ( Investopedia & The Balance), but with the ability to sell across numerous iconic brands in the UK, US and globally.
The beauty of this role is that there will be immediate incoming revenue to get things rolling as the new business element takes shape. We understand that new business can take some time to build.. We’re not monsters!
This role will report to the financial media team ( Investopedia and The Balance) so someone with a strong background and focus on financial clients within the digital sales space is preferred, but not mandatory.
We’re looking for a person who loves being around people, is genuinely curious and is motivated by solving their clients’ business challenges and can match Jonas Magazines’ ambition. We have the best content, the fastest sites and the fewest ads, so if that sounds like you personified, then we’d love to talk.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, and a fast learner who has a proven track record as a consultative seller. This candidate has built and grown relationships with senior-level brand and agency contacts. The candidate possesses expert knowledge of the digital media landscape with proven experience working with some of the UK and Europe’s leading brands.
About the role
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with client and agency partners across multiple levels of both organization
- Be in command of immediate revenue by nurturing and growing an existing book of business.
- Maintain the highest level of business acumen, knowing your client’s goals and objectives inside and out ‘before the RFP’.
- Advocate for the clients needs with Team Finance’s internal teams to ensure the work delivered to our clients has as much insight into client goals and objectives as possible. This includes crafting proactive “big ideas” for target clients, utilizing market data, client goals, and industry knowledge. Accurately forecast, track, and report sales performance with our internal tools each week.
- Contribute to the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions and concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Sell a variety of solutions to clients including programmatic, custom content, and editorial sponsorships
- Track and manage buy-side sales pipeline to maintain accurate revenue forecasting.
- Work with Account Strategy teams to formulate account plans and strategy for all top tier clients.
- A natural problem solver and solutions expert.
- Bring in new business and increase Jonas Magazine’s presence and revenue globally.
- Flexible WFH/Office hybrid set up.
- 5+ years in media with at least 3+ years of working in a sales environment
- Deep relationships at the Agency, and company direct level across the UK, with EMEA contacts helpful
- Demonstrated success in selling a variety of types of solutions to clients. For example, custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, and a curiosity and willingness to learn new things and share them with clients
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies and clients and can get up and running quickly
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing and able to travel as needed if pandemic conditions allow
- University degree required